Most firms use content marketing as a primary business strategy, allocating a significant portion of their marketing resources to it. Out of all content kinds, video is growing increasingly popular, and corporations are expanding their content teams and expenditure each year.
Since the epidemic pushed audiences online en masse, capturing attention has been more difficult across the board. In these odd times, companies that recognize the importance of engaging consumers rather than simply trying to sell to them are more likely to succeed.
As a result, the use of content marketing to help define brand identity, educate, and establish trust is on the rise, as are costs. Content marketing has grown so engrained in promotional operations that just 10% of marketers do not utilize it at all, according to a recent study by marketing software gurus HubSpot.
Finding success via content development and marketing, on the other hand, necessitates keeping up with the always-changing rules of engagement. However, the quantity of information available on what to make, how often to make it, and where to distribute it may be overwhelming — and conflicting.
To assist, we’ve compiled a list of the most authoritative facts and indications, organized by main content topics, to provide a roadmap for what content marketing best practices should look like in 2022.
Table of Contents
- B2B Content Marketing Statistics
- B2C Content Marketing Statistics
- Video Marketing Statistics
- Podcasting Marketing Statistics
- SEO Content Marketing Statistics
- Social Media Marketing Statistics
- Blog Content Statistics
- Content Strategy Statistics
- Content ROI Statistics
- Email Marketing Statistics
- Interactive Content Statistics
- Final Thoughts
B2B Content Marketing Statistics
B2B content marketing is the process of creating and distributing content to increase brand awareness, traffic, leads, and sales for firms that sell to other businesses. B2B content marketing includes blogging, podcasting, email newsletters, and infographics, among other things.
- Content marketing is clearly defined by 43% of B2B marketers, and a well-planned content marketing approach is used by 60% of the best B2B marketers.
- When contemplating collaborating with a company, 95% of B2B clients believe the content is essential for developing trust.
- Content development was outsourced by 86% of B2B enterprises, while content distribution was outsourced by 30%.
- 46% of B2B marketers expected to boost their marketing budgets. A total of 12% of them anticipated a rise of more than 9%.
- Professional information is more likely to be shared by B2B buyers on LinkedIn.
- The majority of marketers provide fresh content every week.
- 52% of B2B buyers indicated they are “certainly” more likely to buy from a firm after viewing its content.
- The most common content categories used by B2B marketers for nurturing their consumers are email campaigns (87%) and instructional material (77%).
- During their sales process, 70% of B2B customers watch videos.
- Social media content is created by 10.95% of B2B marketers, making it the most common sort of content.
B2C Content Marketing Statistics
The approaches and best practices used to promote products and services among consumers via the use of helpful and engaging content are referred to as business-to-consumer (B2C) content marketing.
- According to B2C marketers, content generation is the most outsourced marketing activity.
- The most common content types employed by B2C marketers are blog posts, email newsletters, and videos (in that order).
- 6% of B2C marketers say they have no intentions to create a content marketing strategy.
- Keyword research is used by 73% of B2C marketers as part of their content production process.
- Content marketing is an important aspect of 60% of B2C companies’ marketing initiatives.
- B2C marketers are more likely than B2B marketers to employ live video (66%) (24%).
- A competitive analysis is only done once a year by 40% of B2C content marketers (or not at all)
- Content marketing accounts for 26% of B2C firms’ marketing budgets on average. The most effective content marketers spend 40% of their budgets on content.
Video Marketing Statistics
The most popular kind of material continues to be video. Video, particularly videos on YouTube, is a content marketing medium that produces excellent results for marketers. Before a person makes a purchase, videos may help create trust and keep them engaged with a company.
- 70% of customers have purchased from a company after viewing them on YouTube.
- When investigating a product or service, 96% of consumers have seen an explanatory video.
- After COVID-19, 91% of marketers believe video is more significant.
- 91% of marketers are pleased with the return on investment from social media video marketing.
- Video is the most successful content category for 76% of marketers.
- 97% of customers and marketers feel video aids in product or service understanding.
- In terms of content strategy, video outperforms blogs and infographics combined.
- Using video content on a website may boost conversion rates by up to 80%.
- 1.8% of Google search results clicks go straight to YouTube.
- In 2021, the video will account for around 80% of all internet traffic.
Podcasting Marketing Statistics
Due to its traditional long-form nature, podcasting continues to rise in popularity, with far better engagement rates than other kinds of content. Along with podcasting’s growing popularity, marketers continue to invest in podcasts, particularly for B2B as a type of top-of-funnel content early in the buyer journey.
- Spending on podcast ads in the U.S. is expected to rise to $1.74 B in 2022 – a 23% increase from 2021.
- In the United States, there are more weekly podcast listeners than Netflix subscribers.
- The average weekly audio listening duration is 16 hours and 14 minutes.
- In 2021, podcast usage in the United States grew to 56%.
- Podcasts were rated by 64% of B2B respondents as a beneficial content format for users in the early stages of the purchase process, followed by infographics by 76%.
- 80% of podcast listeners absorb the majority of each episode.
- By 2022, there will be over 132 million podcast listeners.
- The number of individuals over the age of 12 who have heard of podcasts has climbed from 22% in 2006 to 75% in 2020 (2 billion people or more).
- In the United States, 48% of podcast listeners are between the ages of 12 and 34, 32% are between the ages of 35 and 54, and 20% are above 55.
- The following areas had the largest ad income for podcasts: current events/politics/news (18.4%), comedy (13.9%), business (12.8%), and entertainment (12.8%).
SEO Content Marketing Statistics
A buyer’s journey frequently begins with a search, and as the quantity of buyers grows, so does the supply of searches, and therefore SEO’s utility. However, the bulk of material does not rank well, and the majority of it is never discovered by people. For marketers, SEO content is profit potential and popular investment.
- Nearly 70% of all online experiences start with a search on a search engine.
- For mobile and desktop, SEO offers a 20-fold higher traffic potential than PPC.
- Before accessing a brand’s website, 32% of consumers check their social media pages.
- SEO is the most successful content marketing technique, according to 75% of marketers. The second most effective strategy was updating and reusing information (which was employed by 61% of respondents).
- Google does not send organic traffic to over 90% of pages.
- 69% of marketers put money into SEO.
- According to Google’s study, “best” comparison searches have climbed by 80% in the previous two years.
- For about 1,000 relevant keywords, the average page ranking #1 will also rank in the top ten.
- Within a year, just 5.7% of pages rank in the top ten.
Social Media Marketing Statistics
The use of social media by people of all ages is on the rise, especially among seniors. Almost every marketer believes that social media is a vital medium for content dissemination. As total usage rises, so does its use in content marketing across all platforms.
- Senior social media use has increased by 66% in the last five years, with 45% of seniors now using social media in total.
- Social media is used by 94% of content marketers as a content delivery method.
- According to marketers, YouTube shorts will not be a worthwhile investment in 2022.
- In 2022, social media ad revenue was $41.5 billion, accounting for almost 30% of total internet ad income.
- The most common content delivery method, according to 89% of marketers, is social media.
- Facebook is the most popular social media platform. In Q4 2020, the platform had 2.8 billion monthly active users, according to reports.
- By 2020, social media advertising/promoted posts will have climbed from 60% to 83%.
- YouTube has a user base of over 2 billion people who watch 1 billion hours every day.
- Instagram has a daily visitation from over 200 million companies.
- According to a report, LinkedIn is the most effective medium for generating leads.
Blog Content Statistics
The blog material is still an important aspect of any content marketing plan. Blogging offers a high return on investment potential, and many customers tend to value it before purchasing things or services.
- How-to manuals (77%), news and trends (49%), and guides and eBooks are the most preferred content forms (47%).
- For blog pieces with a reading length of more than seven minutes, engagement begins to decline.
- Blog posts are used by 89% of content marketers as part of their content strategy.
- 57% of marketers say blogging has aided them in attracting consumers.
- WordPress pages are seen by over 409 million individuals every month.
- In 2021, the average blog article length was 1,416 words. The best outcomes were recorded by 36% of bloggers who wrote 3,000 words or more for each piece.
- During their purchase process, 7.71% of B2B respondents viewed a blog piece.
- Long-form content gets 77.2% more backlinks on average than short-form material.
- 70% of people prefer to consume information via blogs instead of traditional advertisements.
- On average, long-form and thorough blog material is more successful.
Content Strategy Statistics
For marketers, content is a critical component of their total marketing plan. When it comes to content priorities, creating more leads in both B2B and B2C is paramount. Many businesses lack a well-defined content strategy. Total revenues are the most important indicator of content marketing’s success.
- Nearly 40% of marketers say content marketing is crucial for their marketing strategy.
- In 2020, 70% of marketers expect to change their messaging and targeting approach.
- 70% of marketers are putting money into the content.
- The most typical content marketing KPI is total sales.
- In 2021, 79% of marketers said that boosting quality leads will be their top focus.
- 63% of content marketers employ their content marketing approach to strengthen consumer loyalty.
- There is no official recorded content strategy in 63% of firms.
- The top three jobs that marketing directors look for in new hiring are content producers, content marketing managers, and content strategists.
Content ROI Statistics
- Only 4% of marketers track ROI over six months or longer.
- Every dollar spent on email marketing returns $42 to businesses.
- Marketers that write daily get a 13-fold increase in return on investment compared to those who don’t.
- Improving demand creation ROI measurement is the top objective for 44% of marketers.
- Businesses that employ dynamic content have a 44:1 return on investment, compared to 36:1 for brands that do not.
- When using graphics in content, 75% of content marketers say they get a higher return on investment.
- Content marketing ROI is measured by 7.57% of B2C marketers.
- 40% of study participants claimed they absorb 3–5 pieces of material before calling a salesperson.
- Websites that post more than 16 blogs per month generate 4.5 times the number of leads (compared to 4 or fewer per month) and 3.5 times the amount of visitors.
- 35% of B2B marketers measure content marketing ROI.
Email Marketing Statistics
While email may appear to be “old school,” statistics do not deceive. For both B2B and B2C organizations, email marketing is one of the most high-ROI content marketing activities. Emails from their favorite brands are quite popular. Segmented email campaigns get 14.31% higher open rates versus non-segmented email campaigns.
- There are 4,140,000,000 email subscribers on the planet.
- Only 22% of millennials desire emails from businesses they like, compared to 57% of 45–54-year-olds.
- Email marketing offers a return on investment (ROI) of 40% for every dollar invested.
- In 2022, 4333.2 billion emails are estimated to be sent and received every day.
- Email marketing is used by 87% of marketers to disseminate their content.
- Including videos in your emails may boost click-through rates by 300%.
- 49% of respondents indicated they’d want to get promotional emails from their favorite businesses every week.
- A/B testing can help you boost your email marketing ROI by as much as 37%.
Interactive Content Statistics
Because of its capacity to effectively engage an audience, interactive material looks to be fast gaining popularity. Brands that employ interactive material, such as augmented reality, can stand out from competitors that just use static information.
- Interactive infographics are used or planned by 85% of B2B marketers as part of their content strategy.
- Non-gated interactive content leads to a higher level of lead nurturing, according to 75% of respondents.
- Landing pages, social media, microsites, and blogs are the most typical places to find interactive content.
- Because 67% of marketing firms now employ augmented reality as part of their content initiatives, content marketing via augmented reality is projected to grow.
- Interactive content is helpful for teaching clients, according to 94% of marketers.
- Interactive content, according to 88% of marketers, helps differentiate their business from the competition.
- Interactive material receives two times the amount of interaction as static content.
- Interactive video is preferred by 8.43% of customers above other video material because it allows them to pick whatever information they wish to engage with.
- In 2018, 9.88% of businesses with budgets between $100 million and $1 billion were experimenting with augmented reality.
- 64% of respondents stated they use interactive content to educate their audience.
I hope the numbers above provided you with some helpful information. After all, looking for data-driven solutions to your marketing hypothesis is usually a brilliant idea.
But keep in mind that any figure should be taken with a grain of salt. Statistics are oversimplifications of only a part of the world we live in. They’re also not always methodologically sound: tiny sample sizes, p hacking, and misleading correlations are all too typical.
So, if a piece of data contradicts your expert marketing experience, don’t toss out your content plan just yet. Instead, explore a little deeper.
Read more about:
- E-commerce statistics.
- Semrush Review.
- Grammarly Premium Review.
- Google AdSense Beginner’s Guide.
- Blogspot Guide to Create a Free Blog.
Thank You. Have a nice day.